Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5

Here we are 5 days in! I haven't cheated yet either...WOOO! Well I can definitely tell something is going on. I'm not feeling bloated anymore which I think is a good thing. I don't really think that was ever a good feeling so I feel we are on the right path.

I do need some good recipes though because what I eat is very mundane. I don't mind my breakfast every morning because I think it is good. Other than that its kind of same ole same ole. Lean ground beef, pickles, chicken, bacon, and onions. Well I know when we go shopping next week that I'm going to get other things. I'm going to look for low carb bread and some gluten free items. That way I can have some bread. I just want a different texture. I was going to attempt Chili but my husband refuses to eat it. Beans or no Beans. What happened to taking one for the team? Jerkface... as he makes biscuits and gravy for his second dinner tonight... maybe I need to try fajitas...just a thought...

FOOD JOURNAL


Breakfast
2 eggs
onion
ham
green pepper
4 pieces of bacon

Lunch
1 whole pickle
banana
Meatloaf minis
Dew

Dinner
Kristie's Chef Salad

  • Ham
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Green Pepper
  • Bacon Bacon (Tastefully Simple)
  • 2 tbs Zesty Italian Dresing
Homemade Burger (97% lean beef)
Broccoli
Cabbage

Dessert
1/2 Pickle
Banana
15 Grapes

Exercise - Housework (217) and 20 minute walk (145)

Calories - 1198/1500

**Before you all freak out the My Fitness Pal app takes away calories when you log your exercise/activity for the day.**

6 comments:

  1. When hubs and I lost our weight, we ate a lot from the Biggest Loser cookbooks...sounds like you're limiting your carbs, so I'm not sure how they'll work for you, but it's something to look into! We loved em!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great job today Kristie! So Tim and I thought you would like this recipe. It is called South Beach Mashed "Potatoes". It is basically mashed cauliflower so that you get the texture of potatoes. So I just steamed the cauliflower for about 30 minutes and then put it in the Ninja... added a little healthy butter, half-and-half (or milk), salt, pepper, and garlic powder and blended it to a mashed potato consistency. It was pretty tasty.

    Also I was thinking you could try a taco salad without the shell or any chips. I always thought that was a nice change. I will try to keep thinking of other good stuff and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I forgot to tell you... Healthy Life makes a few great breads that are low carb. and they are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. flank steak... marinate in a little canola oil, some Greek seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and just a pinch of Splenda. Sear in a preheated skillet until desired internal temp. playing around with the spices will really help make foods more interesting! when I lived with Sarah and she was Atkinsing, we ate a lot of stir-fry... lean meats, green beans or spinach, onions, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, peanuts or cashews. sooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great!!! Maybe try some of my recipes for something different? You can always adapt them with meat and whatnot! Good luck Kristie, we're rooting for you over here (and doing the same thing- yay for getting healthy and losing weight!!)!

    ReplyDelete