Thursday, December 26, 2013

IVF Consult and Start Cycle Day

Well ladies and gentleman...here we go! My meds are ordered and will be here tomorrow. I start taking them on 12/30. I go back on 1/2 for the first look at my ovaries to see how they are growing. I will be closely monitored and I won't know when I will be going back. I have appointments scheduled every day from 1/2 to 1/7. I won't need them all obviously...but just incase I do, I have the times I need to be able to take a half day at school.

I know I will be on Follistim, Monapar, Ganarelix and Ovadrel. I will be shooting up twice daily. Now don't you guys be to jealous...and no I will not share!

I'm excited and scared and then excited again. Here is the basic idea of what will happen in the next couple weeks. I will shoot up with drugs, again I'm not sharing. They will grow as many eggs as they can get me to grow. Once the eggs are mature they will extract the eggs from my ovaries. They will put them together with Jeffrey's little dudes and fertilize my eggs by hand. (I think his little dudes haven't been asking for directions to the eggs.....men....shesh!) They will let the eggs grow in the dish and multiply. After 5 or 6 days they will pick the strongest ones (2 or 3) and put them back. We then wait and HOPE that they attach to my uterus. I can then become pregnant...we hope!

So say your prayers and help us hope that this is the last step to help us complete our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment