Friday, April 13, 2012

Doctor Appt.

Well I'm back...Met with the Doc and he said that my insulin levels should be at at 10 or lower. I'm at an 11. Which he said isn't bad but he doesn't want it to get worse. Now when I was first diagnosed my insulin levels were double what the normal level should be. So i'm obviously getting a little better, but also the insulin is throwing off all my other hormone levels. So he is putting my back on Metformin (ugh...). This was the one that sometimes made me kind of sick. So he is putting me on an extended release version and it is a slower release than the normal one. I won't be able to drink but I don't do it to much anyway. I'm supposed to stay on my low carb diet and still doing my exercising. He recognized that I lost the 10 pounds and knew it wasn't easy. The Metformin will also help aide in the weight loss he said.

The sonogram did show cysts. There were a lot of small ones and a few larger ones. He isn't concerned about that much. If we get the insulin levels down they should hit the road to some degree. I'm staying on the same road that I have been on. I'm watching my calories and trying to exercise daily.

Mentally, Im exhausted. Its a lot to take in to go back to what I was doing a year ago. To be on this same road but I'm also in a better place. I'm about 10 pounds lighter and somewhat more motivated. T

he hardest part of today was sitting in the Doctors office and see at least THREE pregnant teens. I don't want to go into how it made me feel...I'm pretty sure you all can figure that out for yourself....

3 comments:

  1. Keep looking forwward and keep the faith. Praying for you to keep on your journey with inner strength. It will be worth it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete