Saturday, February 22, 2014

Numbers...eh...who needs em...

Well guys and gals...how is it going? We are doing ok over here! Hanging in there as best as possible actually. So since my last post we had another blood test done. My HCG numbers were still rising. On Tuesday we had to go to my doctor's Champaign clinic and get another shot of methotrexate. This shot made me sick to my stomach all week. To the point that I was having pop in the morning (instead of breakfast) just to clam it down. I was VERY tired and I still can't do things for long periods of time without getting tired. LAME!

So I had to go to the hospital on Friday (yesterday) to get my blood drawn. If the HCG level did NOT decline I would have to go in for surgery. Well finally something went right. My numbers went from 504 to 354! Which means the shot is working!! I still have to get my blood drawn to make sure the numbers are still declining but NO SURGERY!! WOOOO!!!! I will officially be in the clear when the numbers are 5 or below. So we wait...but we are finally getting past this nastyness if that is what you want to call it....

So this is good news and honestly it is weird to feel happy about it. But whatever I didn't want to have surgery! We now have to wait to see when and if we can try again. My insurance only covers $20,000 fertility lifetime. So money wise we need to see what it will cover when we try again. We don't know what I have used of that $20,000. It sucks to be honest!!! I really hope that we can try again. I'm just super saddened by the whole prospect. WE will find a way to try for our own still. :)

So my day on Friday started off average. I got that call from the doctor and I was happy! It was a good day. I get the mail and I have a card from my other half = A great day! He has really been there for me and pretty much kept me from falling apart completely through this whole thing. I have been pretty down in the dumps since we found out that we would loose this pregnancy too and he has kept me above water. Telling me things I didn't want to hear but needed to. Sometimes when you send someone a card with a hand written note it can make their day. Even though our schedules are crazy and I hardly see him its nice to know he is there 100% of the time. Everyone needs someone like that...

Jeffrey has really been a trooper throughout this whole thing. On days that we had to be up early and get to the doctor, no complaints. On those days were we would have to travel to Indy and then later that night he would have to be at school till 9pm because of musical, no complaints. We have been through a lot as a couple. A lot of stress, a lot of heartache, a lot of loses. But here we are stronger and closer than ever. He will always be my rock. We laugh through the pain, smile through the disappointments, and love through heartache. Infertility will not win. We will overcome it somehow, someway, and we will be a stronger couple because of it. You wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. You have a really great attitude. Please let us know how things are going now. I am starting my 2nd ivf cycle, I've been taking estrace for about a month now, they call it estrace priming. I start again with injections next Saturday. I hope you're well and hope you are able to start on the next cycle soon!

    ReplyDelete