Thursday, January 2, 2014

Loooooong day...snow day....doctor day....

Well....We got a snow day today so Jeffrey was able to come with me to my appointment. We left at 6:45am we didn't get to the office until 10:15 (11:15 our appt was at 10:45 Indy time) But we called and they understood. So we got to see...21 follicles. Thats right...21!!!! I think thats a lot...and it is! We have a good number of them at 6's and 7's. They need to be above 18 to be considered mature. So she upped my Follistim to 175 and my Menopur is staying the same. I knew I responded well to Follistim...but I guess I also respond well to Menopur too! Well this is good news! I will go back again on Saturday.


Now for OUR CRAZY ride home from the clinic...

We totally hit a patch of black ice and spun out on 465. Did a 180 and ended up inches from the median. We didn't hit anything. Someone was CLEARLY watching over us. We were very lucky!! As we sat there and tried to get our breathing back to normal we saw 2 other cars do the same exact thing. I give Jeffrey all the credit on driving us out of that. We then stopped to get lunch and sat in our cars and just ate.

We finally get to Terre Haute and decide we are taking the side roads back. Less people/less traffic. We are driving along and we see a car in the ditch and two stopped. We then stopped to ask if she needed help. The young idiot driving the Monte Carlo (that fishtailed and put her in the ditch) left.  The guy in the Jeep stayed as long as he could, but had to leave. Brian was on his was back from Terre Haute and he caught up with us. So we all stayed. A man in a blue pick up truck stopped. He had a chain and so make a long story short we got her out of the ditch and on her way. Not to mention it was freaking cold. Good thing that my dad drilled it in my head to always carry extra coat, snow pants, gloves, extra wool socks, and boots in the car in the winter. Well WE used them today...thanks dad! <3

Strangers helping strangers...there is no better feeling in the world.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys were safe... I hit some ice this morning too and it was very scary... Definitely some loved ones watching over. And yay follicles, thinking good thoughts for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just stumbled across your blog. We are pretty close in our cycles. I started Lupron on the 2nd and added Follistim and Menopur on Saturday. I went in today and have 9 good looking eggs-follies? I'm still not sure, it's been a whirlwind!
    This is our first cycle. I have been pregnant 9 times, multiple miscarriages and 2 ectopic pregnancies with the tubes surgically removed both times. I just turned 40 in October, this is our last shot--hoping for the best.
    I hope 2014 brings both of us babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and if you want to check out my story:
    http://sarmientostories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather! I am going to check yours out! :) I had an appointment today and I was going to update about it there! :)

    ReplyDelete