Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I'm missing a piece of me...

I'm missing a piece of me and I'm OK with it! Gallbladder is gone!

The process was pretty easy! I slept through it. I was groggy yesterday and that was about it. I ended up with 4 little incisions on my stomach. If i move the wrong way, they hurt. If i bend over, they hurt. If I try to sit up from laying down, they hurt. If I cough, they hurt. So I am avoiding those few things that make me hurt. I am not allowed to to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. I will avoid heavy things also. I did venture out today and I walked across the street. It wasn't bad at all.

I refuse to let the pain bring me down. Tomorrow, I will attempt to go to school to get some more things done. I have had a few teachers offer to help in my room while I have been "out of commission" I hope they know how much I appreciate it. I really have amazing co-workers/administrators and I am truly blessed to work in the district I do. I will also try to go to band camp for Junior High Colorguard. I will not be able to do anything but I can at least be there.

Since I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk and with Jeffrey having band camp I can not take care of Micah. This is summer is seriously killing me. This is the second time I can't physically take care of my own child. I'm so grateful to my family and friends here that have stepped in and helped us with Micah. With Jeffrey being gone with band camps and with me having a bunch of hospital visits I feel Micah has gotten the short end of the stick. Thank you to all of you that have watched Micah and made her feel loved and special.

....Random Thought....

This is not a slam against any other profession out there...but...

I sometimes feel no one understands or appreciates the life of a band/choir director. My husband loves teaching everyone else's (and his own) kid/s the love of music. I can never comprehend, with what little time he has with these kids, how he teaches them what he does! The difference in ability from 5th grade to 6th grade band is amazing! He obviously has help from the two other music teachers at the elementary. He is the only music teacher to see every band and choir student that Jasper County has in each program. He teaches 5th Grade Band, 6th Grade Band, 5th & 6th Grade Chorus, Junior High Band, Junior High Chorus, Assistant for the High School Band, and High School Chorus. I'm amazed how musically talented he is and that he is helping instill the love of music in each one of his students.
During June and July we have band camps. He is away from home during marching band season, (I am too) Aug - October. Then he is away during musical season, December - April. So you can do the math...he has about 2 months (during the school year) where he doesn't have to stay after school. He dedicates a lot of time and a lot of energy to his ensembles and his kids. He loves his job! He doesn't want to let anyone down. He also takes such good care of us here at home too. I am very blessed that he is such a supportive husband and an excellent father to Micah.

No comments:

Post a Comment